We are all by now aware of the component BPA- most often found in plastic. BPA is a hormone disrupter that has a wide range of impacts on the human body. What’s scary, is this isn’t even the only dangerous component that plastic bottled waters contain! Here are some dangers of drinking bottled water. Give yourself the gift of BPA free water- Go Bottleless!
1. Hormone Disruption and Fertility-plastics can send mixed signals causing some reproductive hormones to produce excessively and lead to deficiencies in others.
2. Placental, Fetal, Infant and Pre-Pubescent Development- Fetal development in utero, along with the critical early years of a child’s life, can be dramatically altered by the communication from these hormone messengers.
3. Cancer-Cancer impacts men and women, young and old, and various organs, tissues, and cells. But researchers continue to report that the increase in estrogenic chemicals, like BPA and other plastic materials, has contributed not only to breast cancer, but also testicular cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Toxicity Burden-BPA and other plastic toxins have been found in blood and urine, widely circulating throughout the body. When you drink a beverage that is housed in a plastic bottle, you’re also drinking what the bottle is made of. Water can leach particles from the bottles, especially if it has been exposed to heat or stored for a longer amount of time. So the bottled water you keep in your car during the summer- TOXIC!!
5. Weight Gain and Fatty Tissue Storage- Obesity has reached epidemic proportions in recent decades, and while the definition of obesity might seem narrow (greater than 25 percent body fat in men or 30 percent in women), the reality is that many adults weigh more than they should. The constant exposure to plastics today is having an impact on total body weight, too, since the estrogenic nature of these chemicals can directly influence the rate that fat is stored and what is stored there—including toxins from environmental exposures.
With all the holiday stress and chaos- why not refresh and hydrate yourself with your favorite flavor combination? For a little bit of pop use sparkling mineral water!
Picture credit https://www.mamamia.com.au/fruit-infused-water/
It’s that time of year, we are busy with shopping, parties, dinners and family time. But let’s not forget one member of the family that shares our holidays- your Christmas tree!
Just like their human counterparts, trees need fresh, clean water every day. And not to just stay healthy, green and fresh- or to keep the needles from dropping. It’s a safety reason too! The more hydrated your Christmas tree the safer you make your home and your holidays. A dry tree can turn into an inferno within 6 seconds- and the resulting damage could be catastrophic. The Consumer Product Safety Commission advises real tree owners to water their tree every day. Maybe even multiple times as a real tree can suck up about a gallon of water per day.
So, remember your Christmas tree every time you hydrate yourself with water- and share some water with it.
Here are a few other tips to keep you and yours safe from fire this holiday season.
1. Make sure your tree is at least 3 feet away from any heat sources, like radiators, fireplaces, and heating vents.
2. Make sure none of the wires on your lights are frayed, always turn them off before you go to bed and don’t plug too many things into the same outlet.
3. Don’t leave your tree up too long. Once a bunch of needles start falling off, it’s a major fire hazard. It doesn’t matter how much you water it
Stay safe and happy holidays!
Call us at
Proudly serving NY, NJ, PA, CT and FL.
Copyright © fresh H2O