It is widely known how important water is to our lives and the world we live in. Our body and planet is comprised of about 70% water – making it seem like it is easily accessible and plentiful. However, when you rule out our oceans and ice caps, less than 1% of all the water on Earth is drinkable. Of that less than 1%, groundwater only accounts for 0.28% of fresh water around the globe.
Keeping yourself hydrated can do wonders for your health. The benefits water provides for our bodies range from relieving headaches, flushing toxins out of the body, improving mood, helping with weight loss, and relieving fatigue.
So while celebrating the upcoming holiday with your family and friends- remember to say thanks for clean, safe water.
From our family to yours, we wish all our veterans and their families a Happy Veteran’s Day and thank you for your service.
Halloween- kids favorite holiday! While making those rounds through your neighboorhoods or attending a trunk-n-treat, remember to bring plenty of water! Not just for the kids-but also for any furry friends that go trick or treating with you. Providing clean, fresh water to your little princess, superheros or super cute ghosts will mean the difference between a happy, hydrated trick or treater and a deyhdrated party goer. Have a happy and safe Halloween!
Happy Halloween from our family to yours!
fresh H2O is excited to announce that invoices can now be paid online!
Our new pay online feature is fast, easy and secure and accepts all major credit cards, debit cards, and E-checks or wire transfers.
We understand, everyone gets busy and with holidays fast approaching your time is a valuable commodity. Save a check and a stamp or save having to make a phone call and pay over the phone- use our new online payment service!
Just click on the link provided on your emailed invoice and you will be directed to a safe, secure, fast check out. Then select Debit Card, Bank Transfer, or Credit card. You can create an account to save your payment information for future invoicing. Just one more way we here at fresh H2O can help our customers with friendly, efficient, professional service. Sign up today for online pay!
1. Eight is great!- but it’s not carved in stone- there is no hard and set rule that everyone needs 8 glasses a day. It’s a general recommendation. The Institute of medicine has estimated that men need approx. 13 cups daily and women 9.
2. Less is more if you have kidney failure- when kidneys fail , people don’t excrete enough water, if any. For those on dialysis treatment, water is restricted.
3. It’s possible to drink to much water- though it is not common for this to happen, enurance athletes like marathoners may drink large amounts of water and thereby dilute the sodium level in their blood, resulting in hyponatremia.
4. Your urine can reveal a lot- for the average person, “water wise” means drinking enough water or other healthy fluids to keep your urine light and oderless. When it’s dark yellow – this indicated dehydration.
5. H2O helps prevents kidney stones- kidney stones form less easily when there is sufficient water available to prevent stone forming crystals from sticking together.
6. Beware of Pills and Procedures- drinking extra water with certain medications or before and after procedures with contrast dye may help prevent kidney damage. Read medication labels and ALWAYS consult with your healthcare provider first- especially if you are on a water restriction.
Halloween, one of kids favorite holidays (and let’s admit it, parents too!) You make sure your kids trick or treat in safe areas, you check their candy, and you make sure they aren't too scared by the decorations and movies. But are you making sure they have safe, clean, fresh water to drink every day? Water from the tap can contain many unwanted minerals or chemicals. Bottled water isn’t any safer-absorbing carcinogens from the very plastic it’s bottled in- so why not invest in something that so dramatically affects your health and wellbeing- your water? Contact us today for a free quote on our water filtration systems. Everything from whole house filters, to point of service countertops and standups, to commercial applications- let fresh H2O take the worry out of your water!
Why Go Fresh?
Teaching kids healthy habits is important to their future. Help them support a healthy lifestyle by providing pure clean water through our bottleless filtration systems. Fresh H2O has been an approved NYC DOE vendor for over 10 years providing schools with clean, fresh and safe drinking water options.
Aren’t you ready to give your school the same great water? Call us to ask about our current specials.Save money with one flat monthly rate. Plus, no more fluctuating bills, no more bottle deposits or missed deliveries.
Summer is over, and our kids are back in school. We know the teachers are feeding their minds and imaginations- are we making sure they have access to clean, filtered water to maintain a healthy hydration level that is so conducive to learning? Reasons Your School Needs a Water Bottle Filling Station
1. Solution for Lead Contamination- a key benefit of filtered water bottle filling stations is their ability to provide safe drinking water. Our filters can remove, on average 99.3% of lead from drinking water.
2. Better tasting- lets admit it, kids think water is boring or do not like the taste. Filtered water bottle filling stations are equipped with filters and cooling systems- which remove common taste altering chemicals like chlorine and particulate. No matter where these fountains are located, inside or outdoors, they consistently deliver chilled, clean and filtered water.
3. Healthy Hydration- childhood obesity affects about 17% of US kids, we need to provide an alternative to the vending machines and sugary beverages. Installing water bottle filling stations throughout a school encourages students to form healthy habits and drink more water. Not only does this help them develop healthy habits young- being properly hydrated can help stabilize concentration , create greater energy and lead to greater productivity in the classroom .
4. Reduced waste- implementing bottled water into schools is an easy fix, however the subscription costs, the disposal, and long term environmental costs paint a bleaker picture. Approx. 80% of plastic bottles end up in the dump- not a recycling center. Many models have built in water bottle counters that track the number of plastic water bottles the station has saved from use.
5. Community Impact- having fresh, clean, filtered water just doesn't impact the kids in school- it affects the whole community. Lead by example, students can help start fundraisers for bottle filling stations, have contests to see who can save the planet from the most thrown out water bottles. This is a great PR opportunity to get the community more involved with their schools and can heavily impact a child's future!.
On behalf of everyone at fresh H2O we would like to wish you a Happy & Safe Labor Day. We will be closed in recognition of the holiday and will resume normal office hours Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.