Summer is over, and our kids are back in school. We know the teachers are feeding their minds and imaginations- are we making sure they have access to clean, filtered water to maintain a healthy hydration level that is so conducive to learning? Reasons Your School Needs a Water Bottle Filling Station
1. Solution for Lead Contamination- a key benefit of filtered water bottle filling stations is their ability to provide safe drinking water. Our filters can remove, on average 99.3% of lead from drinking water.
2. Better tasting- lets admit it, kids think water is boring or do not like the taste. Filtered water bottle filling stations are equipped with filters and cooling systems- which remove common taste altering chemicals like chlorine and particulate. No matter where these fountains are located, inside or outdoors, they consistently deliver chilled, clean and filtered water.
3. Healthy Hydration- childhood obesity affects about 17% of US kids, we need to provide an alternative to the vending machines and sugary beverages. Installing water bottle filling stations throughout a school encourages students to form healthy habits and drink more water. Not only does this help them develop healthy habits young- being properly hydrated can help stabilize concentration , create greater energy and lead to greater productivity in the classroom .
4. Reduced waste- implementing bottled water into schools is an easy fix, however the subscription costs, the disposal, and long term environmental costs paint a bleaker picture. Approx. 80% of plastic bottles end up in the dump- not a recycling center. Many models have built in water bottle counters that track the number of plastic water bottles the station has saved from use.
5. Community Impact- having fresh, clean, filtered water just doesn't impact the kids in school- it affects the whole community. Lead by example, students can help start fundraisers for bottle filling stations, have contests to see who can save the planet from the most thrown out water bottles. This is a great PR opportunity to get the community more involved with their schools and can heavily impact a child's future!.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.